Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hot Spiced Cider

Here I find myself once again off in New England. I had a craving for something warm to drink as I worked online tonight and found myself a hot spiced cider. I must have been cold because just moments before I bought a sweater!

My trek here as always, did not go as planned. After worshipping with friends at Faith in Tacoma I was graciously dropped off at the airport, still very early for my flight. Unfortunately, my flight was delayed several hours and left nearly 6 hours after I arrived... Fortunately, I had ample opportunity for "quiet-time" a practice I fear is not by a long shot "practiced" by me enough. That said, all eating of good food nourishes, so I partook of the end of Nahum, Habakkuk and the ever challenging first chapter of Psalms. ( and met a fellow believer, Kyle waiting for the same flight, as well as one of the guys from work).

We all so long to have everything we do "prosper", to not wilt in dry times, yet we are not like trees planted by streams of water for we do not partake of the means of grace given to us, we are found too often in the way of sinners, seat of scorners, and walking in the council of the wicked. Such a short 6 verse chapter and we could do well to do as it says even if we only meditated on those 6. "For his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night".

Another favorite, the close of Habakkuk:

Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my slalvation.

God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.


In other news: while the pictures are from this summer, I have a shortcut to share with everyone. It will lead you to my nephew's, "first summer vacation" pictures. A hoot, please enjoy! http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mlschiebout/album?.dir=/b52c&.src=ph&.tok=phnPLbDBTq9ili0B

Well, I should wrap things up here and mosey towards nap time!


May you "yeild your fruit in its season".

Adam

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inquisitive? Maybe you should have a blog about creative uses of adjectives! I mean if your going to spam, you don't have to go murdering The Queen's English at the same time.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate, I think they've got you surrounded!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home