Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Beverly Hills, France?

So here I am, on the road again. (and no not "on the paths of the sea"). Of course another post, (perhaps a financial quarterly report would be in order as well!). With Lebanese Taverna food in my belly I bravely proceed.

On Monday I flew from Washington to the pollen infested east coast. The weather has been mostly nice here but as one of my many bosses said, "They are measuring the pollen count in tons". (this to explain my unhappy and water source of a nose).

Unfortunately on the day I flew, of all things the song and words, "Beverly Hills....That's where I want to be..." got stuck in my head. How crazy! I don't like the song and NEVER lost anything in B.H. I am not even pondering reading a travel-log from there.

I do, perhaps, want to go to France. Not for the wine, (although good idea), nor to see first hand the courage and determination in the face of international adversity that can be witnessed there... hmmmm.

Moving on- truly I wish to go to France because I am reading, for the first time ever, "Les Miserables" and though caught in its grip of grief/joy/happiness/sadness - filled with the hoping/despairing mix, I am truly enjoying it. Though people for well over 100 years have known the outcome - delightfully, and yet tormented, I do not. What will become of Jean Valjean, Cosette, Marius, Eponine, the evil Thernardier wolf parents ?...

Commenters - spoil it not for me as I will doubtless take sometime to complete the several hundred pages to go.

Vive Le France!

Moi

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What!!!! You don't like Beverly Hills the song?? well since the radio seems to over play it I really don't seem to have a special place in my heart for it any more. The Sweater Song and Buddy Holly songs rock though.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Say it aint so"

9:55 AM  
Blogger emilie said...

dude, the sweater song is what makes weezer mainstream and not alternative anymore. kinda like that green day song that's always on Star... what was it... oh yeah "time of your life" la la la......

wow I think I will get an MBA online. yessssss

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home